Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8715
Other

Hi all,

I recently purchased an OfficeJet Pro 8715 and today, received an Ink Cartridge Failure on the Cyan cartridge.

Upon replacing the cartridge, it then went on to tell me the Yellow and Magenta cartridges had the same issue.

After replacing them all, all worked fine, however I'm a little concerned how before changing the other two, they read half full and had no issues.

Anyone else had any issues like this?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @gRoberts84,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know why you had to replace all the setup cartridges as the ink read half full.

As the cartridges that come with the unit are setup cartridges and the one that you installed later(Cyan) was a trade cartridge (one purchased from the store), there could be a compatibility issue. The setup cartridges are mainly meant to setup the printer for the first time. Hence, you may have to replace the other two cartridges also. The new cartridges should work till all the ink is empty.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @Rainbow23,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I suppose that makes sense, however I couldn't determine from the control panel or web interface as to what the actual issue was, other than a generic Ink Cartridge Failure.

Should we have another cartridge failure, whilst not using setup cartridges, how will this affect the Instant Ink program we're enrolled in? Are the cartridges dispatched on a scheduled basis or when advised that new cartridges have been installed?

Thanks again

Gavin

HP Recommended

Hi @gRoberts84,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if the instant ink cartridges are dispatched on a scheduled basis.

Yes, when the ink in cartridge ink is less, that an alert is sent to the server to send a replacement cartridge. 

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.