cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DJalin
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OfficeJet Pro 8720 does not pickup cardstock paper

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchase this printer a little less than a year ago when my last HP Printer, finally died on me.  I have been a loyal HP Printer user for over a decade.  In that time I have used and purchased HP Printers for my family and children.  Well I am finally disappointed with one of their products.

OfficeJet Pro 8720

This product will not print on Card Stock that is was supposedly designed to print on, Card Stock 110.  I have read through the forums and even a few HP Support Chats and there is permanent fix for what is one of the more expensive printers I have purchased.  Support has suggested to feed one sheet at a time? that is rediculous for a printer that should do this with out issues. User have had to tild the printer to get the card stock to feed.  I have done this only so I can actually get it to print and then it will only print 1 at a time.

Is there a fix?

Issue: Will not feed Card Stock 110 and registers a jam while attempting to feed

Windows 10 Operating System

Updated Firmware for Print

Hoping HP holds my business by fixing or I will me looking for a new Printer Brand.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,925 25,804 1,425 1,497
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DJalin

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer is not picking up cardstock. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Load card stock in Tray 1 only. Card stock is not compatible for use with the ADF for single- or double-sided printing.

And follow the below steps to fix the issue.

• Clear jammed paper from the printer.
  • Make sure the carriage can move freely.
  • Clean the paper feed rollers.
  • Reset the printer.

Click here and follow the steps mentioned in the document to fix this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation