Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro L7500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an OfficeJet Pro L7500, which has largely been bulletproof for quite some time. Nevertheless, just last week I replaced all of the color cartridges, Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow, and now when I generate a print job nothing is printed to the paper. The printer takes the paper, it sounds like its printing; however, when the print job is finished there is absolutely nothing on the piece of paper. This is also true when I generate a test page. The PC does have the proper drivers, the PC does communicate with the printer, as do multiple other devices. Additionally, I can scan from the printer to the PC; therefore, communication and networking are correct. The issue seems to be with the printer itself.

Would what I described be symbolic of bad, or faulty print heads? I ask for the reason that I just sunk $120 dollars into color cartridges and I’d like to weigh the cost of procuring new print heads versus the price of a new printer. I explored the forums and I didn’t notice anyone with an L7500 that had the exact same problem. Nevertheless, there were others with different HP Printers, which suffered from almost the same printing problem.

Thanks in advance!

7500.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@C_F_,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Officejet Pro L7500 All-in-One Printer prints blank pages even if there is ink in the cartridges.

This issue could occur if the printhead is expired or defective.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Fixing Print Quality Problems 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow23 wrote:

@C_F_,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Officejet Pro L7500 All-in-One Printer prints blank pages even if there is ink in the cartridges.

This issue could occur if the printhead is expired or defective.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Fixing Print Quality Problems 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Thank you for the quick reply. That said, I have worked through each and every step illistrated from what  you provided and it appears that solution six (6) is the next step; replacing both print heads.

Presently, nothing is transfered to any paper whatsoever. The print heads reflect a date of 2015; therefore, I suspect that this has to be the culprit.

it simply sucks that I have $120 in color cartridges and now I must gamble on spending another $120 in print heads, which may not even remedy the issue. For the cost of ownership, I can purchase a newer printer!

HP Recommended

@C_F_

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I understand your concern and to help you further, 

I recommend checking If you have a defective cartridge or printhead, it might be under warranty.

To check the warranty on your ink or toner supplies, go to hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies, select your country/region, and then review the limited warranty information for your supplies.

If, after repeated printhead cleaning, the Print Quality Diagnostic page shows white lines across the color blocks in Test Pattern 2 (but no white lines in the gray blocks in Test Pattern 3), one or both of the printheads will have to be replaced. The Print Quality Diagnostic page shows which printhead should be replaced.

Look at the color blocks labeled Test Pattern 2. Some of them should show white horizontal streaks (if none of the blocks are streaked, the printheads are okay).

If you want help in replacing the cartridges via HP to obtain genuine HP parts, simply reply back with the product and serial number via a private message and I'll help you with the same.

(Please ensure you "do not" share any personal or confidential information such as serial/phone number, shipping address, email ID, etc... on a public post)

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.