cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

OfficeJet Pro L7780 All-in-One crashes: Improper Shutdown

HP Recommended

Since a few days my 4-year old L7780 (Product Number:   C8192A, Serial Number:   {Personal Information Removed}) continuously crashes. The display shows a red and blue screen, overlaid by a white on black message "Turn power off then on again". Pressing the power button results in an error messages that indicates an "Improper Shutdown".

Repeating the power-on procedure a couple of times (sometimes the following self-test enables the printer again, sometimes it doesn't and immediately crashes again) eventually re-enables the printer - yet only for about 5-10 minutes before it crashes again. During the period when it is online it works perfectly fine.

Print Doctor v4.0 doesn't find any error. The printer and Solution Center complain about an expired (but full) ink cartridge.

Any idea what's going on?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a link that addresses  the error message that you are getting on your printer. It will provide you with troubleshooting steps to take in an attempt to correct the issue and clear the error message. 

Also, make sure that the device is plugged directly into a wall outlet to ensure that it is getting the proper amount of power. The device has a built in surge protector and does not need to be plugged into one. Even if it has always been plugged into an extension cord or surge protector and has never given you an issue before, the device can develop a problem over time. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks - it took me quite some time to go through all the steps multiple times and connecting to a different power outlet finally seemed to have solved the problem.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation