Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OfficeJet Pro L7780 - Have to Restart Print Spooler every job I print (Windows 7 32-bit)

I have an OfficeJet Pro L7780 that shows as offline in Devices and Printers constantly.  I discovered if I queue up print jobs to it and then restart the print spooler all of the jobs will come out perfectly then the printer will instantly go offline.   Here is what I've done for troubleshooting already:

Upgrade to newest firmware (R2011NxNxeN0)

Factory Reset by hold # and 3 at boot

Changed Ink and Print Heads

Installed newest 14.0 driver (tried both Basic and IT Pro Driver)

Rebooted and restarted printer and computer

Tried all this on a 2nd Windows 7 computer with the same results

Anyone actually use this printer on Windows 7 32-bit over the wired network port!!?!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 1
1 1 0 3
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OfficeJet Pro L7780 - Have to Restart Print Spooler every job I print (Windows 7 32-bit)

Same printer, same problem, same remediation by restarting Printer Spooler service.  Only difference is OS is Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

FYI- I'm using my L7780 via a wifi connection using WPA2 security and a static IP and network RAW printing to port 9100.  The printer always appears available via network pings but not to the print spooler.  As such, printer is always "grayed out" and disabled but will accept jobs into its queue.

After endless searching this is what appears to be working as a fix:  Turn off SNMP on printer port.

Printer Properties -> Ports Tab -> (Select Port) -> Configure Port -> uncheck "SNMP Status Enabled"

Hopefully this works for others- but I also found mention that others found a fix in toggling other settings such as "Enable bidirection printing" check box.  Who knows what seemingly unrelated software triggers this issue but it began one strange day and drove me crazy.

Highlighted
Level 7
821 820 33 165
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just wanted to check if you guys have tried the update that I linked below.

Windows 7 Critical Update to enhance reliability of network connection

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

unchecking this worked for me also.  THANKS!  What does this checkbox mean, anyway?  KILL ALL the windows7 developers and th world will be a better place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

AMEN!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

OMG - You rock!!! turning off the SNMP has fixed the issue. Why is this not something known and easier to find as a resolution?

I am running Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate as well and just switched from wifi to wired in hopes it would make a difference, it did not until I followed your post and turned off the SNMP.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You saved me a bunch of money as I was just about to toss my printer and everything.

Again, I cannot thank you enough!!!

@jimbox wrote:

Same printer, same problem, same remediation by restarting Printer Spooler service.  Only difference is OS is Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

FYI- I'm using my L7780 via a wifi connection using WPA2 security and a static IP and network RAW printing to port 9100.  The printer always appears available via network pings but not to the print spooler.  As such, printer is always "grayed out" and disabled but will accept jobs into its queue.

After endless searching this is what appears to be working as a fix:  Turn off SNMP on printer port.

Printer Properties -> Ports Tab -> (Select Port) -> Configure Port -> uncheck "SNMP Status Enabled"

Hopefully this works for others- but I also found mention that others found a fix in toggling other settings such as "Enable bidirection printing" check box.  Who knows what seemingly unrelated software triggers this issue but it began one strange day and drove me crazy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I was having the same issue. Could print from programs such as Word or any other program on my computer. But working in HP Photo Creations on line I couldn't any two-page document such as a greeting card. I would select the front/back page and print it with no issues. Then I would insert a second piece of paper to print the inside of the card, check the appropriate box and hit print. If I hovered my mouse over the printer icon it would read "one document pending", the screen would change to DONE, I would hover my mouse over the icon again and it would read "0 document pending" but it wouldn't print. I tried everything including restarting the print spooler (a temporary fix at best). Then I read this response and much to my surprise when I unchecked that box under port configuration IT WORKED! I have no idea what that box is all about but I am unable to print my creations with no issues now.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation