cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DBS4
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Officejet 100 and bluetooth security tab in toolbox on Windows 10

HP Recommended
Officejet 100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OfficeJet 100 mobile printer that I set up on a Windows 10 Pro machine.  When I set it up via the USB connection, the Toolbox utility included the Configure Bluetooth Settings tab.  When I uninstalled the software provided and then reinstalled to set up the Bluetooth connection, that tab was no longer available.  

I downloaded the newest driver from the website and got the same result.

Note that due to the nauture of the product being used the computer I was using was not connected to the internet at all during this process.

How is one supposed to change the bluetooth passkey after a Bluetooth connection is already set up?

I went back to the USB connection but I'd still like to know how this is supposed to work.

FYI, if an HP employee is reading this, the uninstall of the driver gave me a windows message "Uninstall has stopped working" every time I did it.  Should be fixed.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,785
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @DBS4

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I understand that the Bluetooth tab is not included in your Toolbox utility with your HP Officejet 100 mobile printer. I am happy to look into this for you! 

Please see this guide, Troubleshooting Bluetooth Connectivity Issues, as well as this guide, Printing from a Bluetooth-enabled Device, and let me know what happens! 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope these guides will help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
DBS4
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.   I had to send the printer to a partner so I can't review your suggestions, but I''m not sure they are helpful.  I was able to connect and print using Bluetooth.  It was when I went to try and change the passkey for added security that I had the problem. 

I'll take another look when the printer is back. Thank you.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation