cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
-Jonathan-
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 4500 Wireless - iMac with Windows 7 - USB Fail

Hi, hope someone can help me with this.

Windows 7 on my iMac is phenomenal but when i tried to install the windows 7 64 bit drivers for the HP OfficeJet 4500 Wireless i bumped in to a really weird problem the setup says that the USB ports are not working properly, besides the fact that they are working correctly i don't even want to use them.

I only want to use the wireless so how do i pass or bypass the system requirements check from HP Setup???

they use to have a selection menu what to use before the check but that's history i guess

Installing it without the HP software wireless works fine but i cant use the scanner, if their is a way to install the scanner without HP software that would be great.

but it would be even greater if i can bypass the whole system requirements check from the HP installer really weird by the way because all other software system checks seem to have no problems with the USB ports from my iMac and all usb devices work correctly.

(iMac september 2010)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 3 lcm_1980
Level 3
46 44 1 5
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, may I know if you are using bootcamp or running virtualization software such as parallels desktop or VM ware fusion on your system? There shouldn't be any issue with the USB port if you are using bootcamp. However, when using virtualization software, the USB emulation functionality may not work. You will need to refer back to the software vendor.

Regarding your request to skip the minimum system check screen, you can download the IT professional driver located in the following URL

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3986...

Enterprise driver will only install the print and scan driver, which is what you require.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1 vstshung
Level 1
12 12 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can try this workaround to bypass the USB check:

1. Insert the CD, create one folder in your hard drive,
  2. Copy the entire CD and paste into the folder you created in your hard drive.
  3. Then remove "USBready utlity" from Setup folder on the hard drive,then launch Setup from the hard drive.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation