cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kingoftheriver Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 21 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 4500 Wireless won't print black lettering on some documents

I have had trouble with my HP4500 not printing in black. I fixed it by cleaning the contacts on both the black incartridge and the place on the printer where it plugs in. I used rubbing alcohol and a q tip. Works fine now. I was prepared to throw it out.

0 Kudos
trekbuff Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 22 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z. The status in the Solution Center said the black ink cartridge was about 80% full. I tried the printer Cleaning process four times. It printed the little square color blocks with no problem, but no go for any of the black print. I tried unplugging, waiting about two minutes, then plugging it back in - no go. I installed a new black ink cartridge. It printed an allignment page with no problem. I then had to do the scan/allign thing. I printed what I initially tried to print with no problem.

My 'guess' is one needs to use these printers regularly. There doesn't appear to be any way for them to seal the ink cartridges when the cartridges are parked. I've had to run the Cleaning procedure every time the printer sits for more than a week without use. This time it has probably been nearly two months.

I will start printing the "The quick brown fox .." thing about once per week if only to exercise the thing and keep the ink flowing. I'll use the same piece of paper each time adding only an additional carriage return for each maintenance printing.

Printer, fax, and scanner purchased on sale for eighty bucks? I'll live with it...

0 Kudos
trekbuff Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 23 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just for s&g, I did the Q-tip cleaning on the old cartridge contacts and print head. There was no doubt there was ink in the cartridge as the Q-tip quickly turned black.

I reinstalled the old, now 'cleaned' cartridge into the printer. It wanted to do the allignment thing and I complied. Nadda...

Not a clue, but with the new cartridge working, as I said, I'll live with it... It is printing with the new cartridge.

0 Kudos
riser8TWC8lp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 24 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've done the troubleshooting and still the black lettering does not print

0 Kudos
riser8TWC8lp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 25 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

G210n

0 Kudos
Lawshan Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 26 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How did you get it resolved?  Today I replaced a black cartridge, cleaned at least 6 times by the machine, twice by hand and still no black ink.  It tried printing a document...the top half of 2 words and then it stopped.  I can't get an alignment to go through.  It keeps saying failed.

I've done the Print Quality test page and there's black brackets but no bold black line like there is with the other colors.  I also did the Print Status report and even got black print for the web address and date, but it still won't copy/print black.

I've unplugged, rebooted, etc.  I've left it idle for 20 mins.  I shut it down.  Nothing.  For 6 freaking hours.  This is ridiculous!!!  Next time I go printer shopping, I will definitely do some online research about complaints owners have had because I wouldn't have bought it.

It prints in color just fine, just not the black.  Uggh.

I use the G510g-m model.

0 Kudos
Retired karol-b
Retired
2,115 1,643 5 32
Message 27 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lawshan 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I worked for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lawshan Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 1
Message 28 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, Karol. I greatly appreciate your help. I already used the warranty status check, and it expired 11/2013.

And yes, I use Windows 7. I forgot to mention that part. Thx for catching that :).
0 Kudos
Corinne55 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi we have the HP 4500 G510n wireless printer and it will not print anything at all in black ink.  We have tried doing all the tests and it still prints in color.  We even changed the ink cartridge even though it was still full.  Help!

0 Kudos
JPS3242 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My C410 all-in-one will not print black ink. I tried a new ink cartridge, but same result. I also tried cleaning the heads. Finally, I tried to print with a different computer, no black is printing!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation