cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fanqueto Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 4500 start not scanning and faxing now hung ....

Hello,

my 4500 start to give (lcd display) an error sayng the scanner + FAX cannot be used. I check and the scanner ligth is off during the printer Start-up.... Then i read about the semi-reset usign the 6+# but now (after set the language) i cannot go on ...

Someoen nows how to do a full reset of the printer ?

thanks

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
4,156 3,395 279 525
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello fanqueto,

Try performing a power reset on the printer

Performing a power reset of the All-in-One

Use the following steps to perform a power reset.
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
    NOTE:The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
fanqueto Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

tried but is not working!

Now the printer:

• give the error on the scanner/fax
  • ask me to load paper and press ok to start allignement

but as soon as i press OK it wait undefinitelly .......

thanks

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
4,156 3,395 279 525
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello fanqueto,

No problem although the issue is not resolved we are getting somewhere. We just have to take it step by step.

Here is a troubleshooting article for addressing the alignment issue.

Alignment Page Does Not Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
fanqueto Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nop,

i try to follow the istruction but as soon as i press the OK butto it says "Start Printing ..." but nothing is printed out.

The funny thing is that if I'm not going to press OK and send a print trtough the Mac it print the pages perfectly. Seems that somthing is not working in the 'printer internal code'

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
4,156 3,395 279 525
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello fanqueto,

Sorry to hear the previous link didn't resolve your issue it seems there is something else going on besides what the article addresses.

There is this solution article which is (conveniently) named the same thing, but seems to go into a little more detail with a few additional things.

Maybe give it a once over and see if it helps address the alignment issue. At the end of each article is the manual alignment, but I'm assuming even that isn't working for you.

Alignment Page Does Not Print

- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
fanqueto Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

i'm stuk no of the suggested options works. Except the 6+# procedure (to reset the printer) Is there another way to perform a full factory reset of the printer ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
4,156 3,395 279 525
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello fanqueto,

The only way to perform a factory reset on the printer is through the steps which I'm sure you've gone through since you've mentioned them earlier

• Unplug the power cord from the HP All-in-One.
  • Wait for 20 seconds.
  • Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord to the HP All-in-One.
  • Release the buttons after the HP All-in-One starts up.
  • The HP All-in-One will now be reset to factory defaults.

you would know that you did the right thing if the printer asked for your country/language at startup,

- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation