Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (841 Views)

Officejet 4630 Not Printing From Laptop

The problem with the officejet 4630 not printing from your computer has not been solved. I have tried three different 4630 printers and they all have the same problem; not printing from computer. However, the copy, scan, and eprint functions work just fine. I worked with HP tech support for two weeks with no success and they even escalated the problem. However they could not find a solution to the problem. If anyone has any other ideas, then please let me know. Also, unplugging and plugging the USB cable does not work either. 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (773 Views)

Re: Officejet 4630 Not Printing From Laptop

If your laptop is running vista. Try installing a new printer from the pinters window, pick local, then chose the hp 990c, it worked for me. The tech support guy suggested it, and he said it was a generic driver, not really a good answere. i thing the 6430 drivers do not work in vista

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (768 Views)

I am running Windows 7.  However, since I never could get a resolution to the problem, I purchased another manufacturer's printer with the same features of the 4630. So I am printing now.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (765 Views)

Sad that you had to get another printer. but that is the beauty of competition.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation