Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (1,474 Views)

Officejet 5610 Printer Says No Connection To The Computer

Hello, About a month ago, I unplugged my printer using Remove Hardware Safely making sure this time. I've had my printer and pc for a few years. I first installed my 5610  on my Dell xp3 home version 3 years ago. I unplugged it once for cleaning and had to re-run the disc and everything worked fine. I haven't changed my firewall settings(Windows Firewall). I switched from Avast to Avira 2 weeks ago. Last week starting on the 15th I've sent 20 some emails to support and have been given a slew of solutions and nothing has worked. I don't know what to do next. This was my last message from them,...I regret to inform you that I am unable to track your previous interactions, hence I request  you to get back with the service ticket number. 20 emails and the # was lost,Smiley Indifferent

I've been asked for how much disc space I have and all kinds of questions and solutions that failed. It's not a new install. It's been on my pc, I got the error message and wanted to get an answer. Do I not need the disc for re-installing? I was given a download to use instead of the disc???Robot surprised

I first need to know what steps to take to clean up all the attempts of the re-install instructions. I've never had a problem like this before. I've un-installed all the HP programs and there's still a bunch of files. I have Windows Install Clean-Up installed. I guess they wanted me to download it. What do I remove in the WIC-U? I'm quite fed up at this point. I need my printer. Is there any *REAL* help here? I'd appreciate it. I don't know what to try next. 5 days and still no answer. It's about ridiculous. TY

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation