cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
siameselovr Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 5610 still won't print

I have installed the new driver for OSX 10.6 but still cannot get the printer to work.  If I check the printer queue in System Preferences, it says the printer IS printing, but that is not the case. 

I am not real computer savvy so can someone explain to me in easy terms what else I need to check?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
20,508 20,434 1,425 4,856
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you updated to 10.6.1 (using Software Update)?
I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"PrintJobMgr quit unexpectedly" is the message  I get.  It seems to lose communication with the printer.  I've unplugged it from the wall and the computer, rescanned.  It just refuses to work. 

My printer worked fine using the old drivers from your site, but like a fool I downloaded and installed the new 10.6 drivers on your site.  Now I can't print.  I uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled the old drivers that worked before, now that doesn't work anymore.  I tried again but it didn't work.

I am losing faith that I will ever be able to use this printer again, and I am losing faith that HP can produce drivers that will work.

I had to save for months to get this printer. I'm on SS and supporting two people with that meager check. I can't afford having to buy another printer every time the an update breaks the printer. 

I had just bought ink for this printer.  I could have used that money to help pay for a printer that works.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,508 20,434 1,425 4,856
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try loading the driver from Apple.
I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried loading from the disk, and now downloading.  This is the last time for me. I am so disillusioned with HP products. My wife's HP printer doesn't work anymore too. 

Do you know if any new HP printer that is sure to work with 10.6.1?  I need a printer.   

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
33 32 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It worked.  Thanks.  
0 Kudos
ChrisMnthy Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP drivers didn't work --as usual.  Found them at Apple at 

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation