Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (2,346 Views)

Officejet 6110 on XP unable to scan to pdf

Have recently tried to scan a document to PDF format using my Officejet 6110 running on Windows XP.  I have tried to do a re install of the software but still get the same error message "An internal error occurred while processing the document. Try one of the following: Restart the program, Restart the PC and then try again,or Reinstall the Photo & Imaging Software and try again".   The software running is HP Solution Centre.  I am able to scan to any other format but PDF will not work. Has anyone got a solution to this problem.
Student
Message 2 of 2 (2,100 Views)

Re: Officejet 6110 on XP unable to scan to pdf

I was getting the same error on my Officejet 5610xi All-in-One on Windows XP.

Then I tried scanning to pdf searchable and I was surprised that it worked.  Then I tried scanning back to regular pdf and it worked again!

But when I tried to scan at 75 dpi, I got the error again.  Also at 100 dpi and 150 dpi.  But when I scanned at 200 dpi or 300 dpi, it worked.

Searchable pdf seems to be set at 300 dpi and the resultant file is only a little larger than regular pdf at 300 dpi.  But 200 dpi is about half the size.  So if you want to save a little space, use 200 dpi.

Don't know if this occurrence is common to most setups, but that's what happens on my setup.

- mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation