cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dimanny
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Officejet 6110xi

HP Recommended

My Officejet 6110xi no longer prints. Although the printer window says "Printing" nothing happens, and when I check the queue it is completely blank. I've gone through all the steps carefully, tried stopping and starting the spooler, etc,  but no luck. The only HP folder under All Programs is HP Print & Scan Doctor, so did I accidentally delete something major? Please help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dimanny,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you cannot print with your HP Officejet 6110xi. I am happy to help!

For further assistance, I will need to know:

In the meantime, please see this printing guide, Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue. As I believe this will work.

Thank you for posting, and hope to hear from you soon! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Dimanny
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your response, and I apologize for not getting back to you. I was just so frustrated, and I had tried all the things you pointed out, including clearing the print queue. Have not been able to print since last September!

To answer your questions:  I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit OS. Plugged directly into wall. Cannot copy - even though I can hear the carriage moving back and forth, the resulting page is blank.

Again, I can't even uninstall/reinstall the HP software because it's not listed on my program list - isn't that significant?

Thanks again, hope you'll revisit this issue.

0 Kudos
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,784
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Dimanny,

Thank you for answering my questions, and I am sorry for the frustration.

According to your printer's specifications, found at this website, Printer Specifications for HP Officejet 6100 Printer Series. This printer is only supported on Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Microsoft(R), and Windows XP.

Sometimes, but not always, we might be able to get around the no driver issue by using an alternative driver. But before we try that we should find out why the printer will not copy first. Please see this guide, Correcting Printing Quality Problems When Printing from Windows.

Let's see if we can make it copy and print on it's own, before diving into the driver issue as previously stated.

Let me know how the guide works for you! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation