cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
lresau38
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 6500 Connection Error

When I press the APPS display on the screen I recieve a Connection Error (The printer was unable to connect to the server) .  I have tried powering it off and on but still get the error.  The server, however, can reach the printer because it sends me SUDOKU puzzles everyday and I can send eprint jobs to it.

Appreciate any help 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Level 11
Level 11
3,471 3,462 278 630
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please refer the link below to troubleshoot the issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Web-Services-problem-Server-connection-...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
lresau38
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your response to my problem.  I am still having some problems.  First of all with my router I can not use an IP address outside of my dhcp range.  When I tried it I could not connect to the printer.  Instead I used the last address in the range and I was able again to connect.  When I made the DNS changes, the printer name changed from HP7CDA74 to  HP101F748078D3.  When I pressed the APPS button it took longer but eventually I got the same error message that it could not find the server.  The printer also became unstable with this coded so I changed it back.  Maybe it just will not work with this printer.

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
gadio
5 5 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I tried that solution but it did not work.

My router is at 192.168.1.1. I tried with the router address in the DNS. Then I tried with 8.8.8.8 and later even with

other free DNS like 208.67.222.222. Nothing seems to work. The Apps con't connect to the internet.

Any idea how to approach this? 

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,397 3,340 104 615
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you unable to connect to the server at all?  Meaning, like the original post, are you able to send ePrint jobs or do you get this error message any time you try to connect to web services (front panel menu on printer)?

Is this a replacement printer?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
0 Kudos
gadio
5 5 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. I am able to send ePrint jobs through email, but the Google docs app would not connect.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
gadio
5 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Clearly the printer can communicate to the hp site. Why are the apps not working?
0 Kudos
Level 9
3,397 3,340 104 615
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First I want to make sure I better understand which app you are referring to because some apps are actually on the front panel of the printer and setting the static IP would help you get past a server connection error.  

1. However, you mentioned the Google Docs app which tells me you are not referring to the apps on the front of the printer but rather within Google Drive, is that correct?
  2. Are you on a computer or a mobile device?  If so, which device?
  3. Are you getting an error message?  That may help me identify exactly what is wrong.
  4. Lastly, this may have something to do with the version of Officejet 6500 you are printing to.  Please let me know which one it is by reviewing my image below.

6500.PNG

Please answer my questions so I can help you.

--Troubleshooting HP Printables Issues--

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation