cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LinzHerd27
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 6500 - No scanning and no Solution Center

I have had my Officejet 6500 for a couple years, and it worked totally fine with my old laptop that had Windows XP.  I knew that there were issues with Windows 7, so when I got my new laptop, I was unable to load the software with the CD, so downloaded the full software pack from HP.  It prints fine, and is connected wirelessly, but when I go to scan something the screen on the printer says "No Scan Options:  Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot.  Press Ok".  I opened my HP Solution Center to try to find a solution, and am unable to and get this error message: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete...".  I ran a print diagnostic utility, and everything was fine (it does print fine), and then ran a scan diagnostic utility, and it said that I have issues with the Solution Center, Registry, Scan Flow Manager, and Front Panel, and that there were no solutions.  I have uninstalled the printer software NUMEROUS times, and reinstalled, and searched for a solution, and have not found anything.  I have seen this issue, or issues very similar, on the support boards, but have tried various things with no results.  PLEASE help!!! 🙂

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
Level 8
2,530 2,533 123 193
Message 2 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you haven't checked this, maybe it will help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02450835

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
n781lc
Level 2
18 14 0 1
Message 3 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have similar problem but with Mac OS 10.7.4.  Have tried repeatelyto call and willing to pay for support ..if it is softeare problem.

Sometime ago I lost Fax but not that big a deal.  But, yesterday Scan popped up long detailed "report" saying "NO SCAN!"  Checked all connections and unplugged power several times.  Finally downloaded latest drivers (at least that's what it says) and although pop up says "Installed Successfully" it doesnnt show in Finder.

All "help" is windows directed so maybe i should look for other than H-P??

At the moment I can't print, scan or Fax on a 709n that has been just fine 'til lately.

Suggestions??

Ed Law, Pensacola, FL

0 Kudos
dagrace
Level 1
13 13 0 0
Message 4 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having this exact problem. I thought it was just the solution center, but I tried the scanning from the printer panel and I'm getting that error also.

C'mon, HP. Can't we fix this?

Please?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 153
Message 5 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi dagrace,

I understand that you're having an issue with scanning either from your computer and also from the front panel of the printer.

I will need to get the "Product Number" from the back of your printer. If you're not sure how to retrieve it, click here to watch the video on that web page. (Only provide the Product Number and not the Serial Number).

I worked on behalf of HP.
dagrace
Level 1
13 13 0 0
Message 6 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help. I looked on the back and didn't see anything that said Product Number. There was an FPU of C9101A 004. Don't know if that's the same.

On the bottom, there were even more numbers, none of them the same as what's on the back. There was something that said Regulatory Model Number which was SNPRC  0801 - 01. But that doesn't look like the same format as the ones in the video. I didn't see the words "Product Number" anywhere.

Does one of those work? I can send others too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
dagrace
Level 1
13 13 0 0
Message 7 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I looked again. Still didn't find anything that said "Product Name", but I noticed another FPU: CB057 - 64001. This seems to be more for the printer itself. The other one I gave you appears to be on the part that reverses the page for 2 sided printing.

I'm not doing very well. I apologise. Please ask again if this isn't the right thing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
dagrace
Level 1
13 13 0 0
Message 8 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found one more that might be it. It does not say Product number. but there is a stick that says "Remanufactured 9A932". That's the closest number to the format of the numbers/letters in the video.

Again, come back if this isn't right.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
394 960 38 153
Message 9 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi dagrace,

CB057 tells me that the printer is an HP Officejet 6500 Wireless (which is the information that I needed).

1.) Which operating system is your computer running? If you're not sure click here

2.) Have you tried to reinstall the software for the printer?

3.) Have you downloaded the most up to date drivers from hp.com?

Reply back to me with the those answers and I'll be able to give you some steps on how to resolve the issue.

I worked on behalf of HP.
dagrace
Level 1
13 13 0 0
Message 10 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again. I'm glad you had enough to identify the printer.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the software at least 3 times. The last time, before installing, I ran the scrubber_14, AND the corportate scrubber 14, AND the scrubber 12, just in case I had some 13 or 12 install left over. The most recent install I did was OJ6500vE709_Full_14, 64 bit.

I think those are the most up to date drivers, aren't they?

By the way, through all of this, the printer has always worked as a printer. And the copy function works from the panel, so the scanning mechanism (light and reading what's on the bed) works. What started this was the HP Solution Center wouldn't launch, with that message noted above. In reading different solutions on the forum, someone suggested trying the scan from the hardware panel. I never do that, but thought I'd give it a try. I got the same symptoms noted elsewhere ("no scan options"). I also saw something else about using Windows Fax and scan to run the scanner, so I tried that, and it said it couldn't find any scanners.

Don't know if any of that is useful information, but thanks for listening.

Hoping you can help me.

Thx.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation