cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PalcoUK
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post

Officejet 6500 envelopes

HP Recommended

Officejet 6500, drivers / firmware updated printing envelopes in Word 2007 via Mailings>Envelopes

The envelope size (DL) and feed is correctly selected but attempting to print envelopes results in paper size missmatch error msg.

Using A4 paper results in the correct print layout for a DL envelope

Selecting custom envelope size using DL sizes still results in size missmatch

Changing feed option still results in paper size missmatch

Resetting paper size and feed, makes no difference

Rebooted printer & PC makes no difference

All was OK until I changed the envelope size to print a different size.

This is really getting me down now.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
dan_5
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem with my L7590 all in one and my L7680.

0 Kudos
PalcoUK
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Below is the response from HP support;

Please perform the steps mentioned below to create a custom paper size.

1.      Click on windows icon and go to control panel

2.      Go to printers and devices

3.      Right click on the correct icon and click on printing preferences.

4.      Change the paper size to A4.

5.      Go to the features tab

6.      From the paper size tab select custom from the drop down menu

7.      Enter the size of the DL envelopes 110*220mm

8.      Go to the printing shortcuts tab

9.      Click on save as

10.  Enter a name and click on OK

• Open a document and select the settings for envelope printing. 
  • Click on file and print
  • Click on properties and select the new shortcut that we have created.
  • Now try printing and check if the issue is resolved.
  • I am expecting a positive turnaround and will await your kind response.
0 Kudos
mancomputer
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You suggestions did not work on my HP OffriceJet 6500.   Does anyone know how to print a No. 10 envelope on this printer?

0 Kudos
PalcoUK
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dont know why it didnt work for you. I recently added a different envelope size using this process (The process was given to me by HP support)

0 Kudos
samueljbw
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I have already using the latest printer driver version 022.050.231.000 and latest firmware version 04.43.07.853. And there is no "Custom" option in the paper size drop-down list and no "Custom" tab.  

0 Kudos
PalcoUK
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think you will find thats the windows update driver from MS, and not the driver supplied with the HP software/drivers obtained direct from HP or updated via the HP update utility.

Disconnect your printer, uninstall HP software via add remove, reboot, install full software direct from HP, and only connect the printer when the installation says to.

Then if there are still problems with paper sizes use the procedure outlined earlier, from HP support, in this thread.

0 Kudos
samueljbw
4 4 0 0
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed the driver from the CD coming with the printer.  It didn't work.  Then, I downloaded the latest version of the driver from HP website and installed it.  It also didn't work.

I guess it's because the driver for WinXP does not provide custom paper size option.

0 Kudos
samueljbw
4 4 0 0
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved the problem by using OfficeJet 6000 (an old model) printer driver instead of OfficeJet 6500 driver.  The old driver allows me to create custom paper size while the new driver does not.  I am disappointed that HP is delivering an immature driver for a new product and the problem has not been fixed for more than 5 months (the lastest driver was released on Nov-2010).  In addition, no HP staff here to help to solve the problem.  It wastes end-users' time.  I will not buy HP products any more.

0 Kudos
kenclare5470
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my printer, Can't find a clear solution to the problem. I like others will think twice about future HP product purchases.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation