Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-14-2010 05:04 PM
Officejet 6500, drivers / firmware updated printing envelopes in Word 2007 via Mailings>Envelopes
The envelope size (DL) and feed is correctly selected but attempting to print envelopes results in paper size missmatch error msg.
Using A4 paper results in the correct print layout for a DL envelope
Selecting custom envelope size using DL sizes still results in size missmatch
Changing feed option still results in paper size missmatch
Resetting paper size and feed, makes no difference
Rebooted printer & PC makes no difference
All was OK until I changed the envelope size to print a different size.
This is really getting me down now.
06-09-2010 02:45 AM
Below is the response from HP support;
Please perform the steps mentioned below to create a custom paper size.
1. Click on windows icon and go to control panel
2. Go to printers and devices
3. Right click on the correct icon and click on printing preferences.
4. Change the paper size to A4.
5. Go to the features tab
6. From the paper size tab select custom from the drop down menu
7. Enter the size of the DL envelopes 110*220mm
8. Go to the printing shortcuts tab
9. Click on save as
10. Enter a name and click on OK
- Open a document and select the settings for envelope printing.
- Click on file and print
- Click on properties and select the new shortcut that we have created.
- Now try printing and check if the issue is resolved.
- I am expecting a positive turnaround and will await your kind response.
03-02-2011 02:45 AM
I think you will find thats the windows update driver from MS, and not the driver supplied with the HP software/drivers obtained direct from HP or updated via the HP update utility.
Disconnect your printer, uninstall HP software via add remove, reboot, install full software direct from HP, and only connect the printer when the installation says to.
Then if there are still problems with paper sizes use the procedure outlined earlier, from HP support, in this thread.
03-09-2011 10:40 PM - edited 03-09-2011 10:40 PM
I installed the driver from the CD coming with the printer. It didn't work. Then, I downloaded the latest version of the driver from HP website and installed it. It also didn't work.
I guess it's because the driver for WinXP does not provide custom paper size option.
04-14-2011 03:16 AM
I have solved the problem by using OfficeJet 6000 (an old model) printer driver instead of OfficeJet 6500 driver. The old driver allows me to create custom paper size while the new driver does not. I am disappointed that HP is delivering an immature driver for a new product and the problem has not been fixed for more than 5 months (the lastest driver was released on Nov-2010). In addition, no HP staff here to help to solve the problem. It wastes end-users' time. I will not buy HP products any more.