cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rascalsquestion Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 6500 wireless E709n

I can not send or receive faxs. I have checked all conections all ok. I get a 388 error. I just reinstalled my printer and everysince i get this error. Please help. Thanks
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Intern Intern
Intern
20 19 2 4
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The fax error code 388,that you recieve while trying to send fax means Line disturbance or noise( http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/buu02549#Error386 )

Try to get a line noise test done by your phone company.

Then turn off ECM(Error Correction Mode) from the basic/advanced fax setup on your printer menu.

Change the fax speed to medium.

Then try to fax again.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
HomerOnSkype Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

keep getting error 388. whats up ?

0 Kudos
fixme Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried doing this but it does not help. I have the same problem. Bought this stupid printer to be able fax & print via wireless.  I turned ECM off and set speed to medium. Still getting error code 388. I am trying to fax 2 pages and it seems to connect to the other fax judging by the dial tone, but after first page goes through the error code 388 prints out? Any other ideas. I need help! Am ready to return the printer to the store.  Does not seem worth the trouble.

HH

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation