cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rockmp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Officejet 6700 Not printing correct colors

HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I work at a preschool, and am the only one who even has the vaguest idea on fixing our computer and other hardware. That being said, I only have a basic understanding of these things. 

Our HP Officejet 6700 Premium has not been printing blue or yellow correctly. It will either omit the color all together and replace it with something different, (I tried to print rainbow text, and it replaced yellow with off-white, and blue with green) and trierd to print some clipart of hearts, and ended up with blue lines running through the magenta. The printer is hardwired to the PC. I have replaced all the cartridges, even though there was no low ink message. This did nothing. 

I also went through all 3 stages of printhead cleaning, which improved the color output a little bit on blue and green, but there are still lines going through both colors. I tried to align the printhead, and got an error mesage saying it was unsuccessful. 

I was going to call technical support, as I have just read a similar question on this forum, and followed the steps provided, to no avail. I would rather avoid sitting on hold if I can get the answers here. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Drakster
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 306 604
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @rockmp,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing print quality issues with your HP Officejet 6700 Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. It sounds like you have done all of the troubleshooting, which would be found in this guide:

The printhead is likely clogged.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

If the printer is out of warranty, you can try the solution offered in the video below. Please use at your own discretion. 

Video: How to power clean the HP Officejet 6600, 6700, 7612, 8600, 8610, Print head

NOTE: The printhead in this printer is not customer removable, however, in this video they show how to remove and clean it.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation