cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MxMatt
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet 6700 premium won't pick up faxes

Please send me info. My HP 6700 will not pick up faxes following a recent update. I would really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 22 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @MxMatt 

I have sent you a private message.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
EEBAT
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Iwould appreciate to get your help HP Office 6700 Premium, won't receive faxes

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 24 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @EEBAT 

I have sent you a private message, please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

Forums Inbox.jpg

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
APCedar
1 1 0 0
Message 25 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

We are having the same difficulties with our Officejet 6700 premium. We are able to send faxes but not receive them, even when we have clicked "answer" on the touch screen. We have run a fax test report and the machine passed. We have tried changing the auto-answer settings, as well as the number of rings. We have reset the system, and reset to the default fax settings, but nothing has worked. The machine has no trouble printing or scanning, and is able to send faxes, but no matter what we try, we are unable to receive them. 

If it is possible to get a message with the reset information that has worked for some others in this post, we would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,328 17,221 899 2,529
Message 26 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @APCedar,

I would be happy to help you with fax feature. I understand you can send but you can not receive, despite your efforts. It sounds like you have done the majority of the recommended solutions, but I suggest checking the following link to be sure: The HP Fax Can Send Faxes but Cannot Receive them.

I will send you a PM (Private Message) in case the issue persists, but before I do, feel free to review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers.  The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue. 

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access.  These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Printer Resets: What You Should Know

Please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

Forums Inbox.jpg

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
rts2
4 4 0 1
Message 27 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have the same problem with my 8610.  I can only recieve faxes if I manually accept the fax.  Auto answer is enabled on the basic fax setup.  What else do I need to do?

0 Kudos
Level 3 TanTC
Level 3
56 56 1 15
Message 28 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You can try setting the auto answer to "all rings"

If this is already set to "all ring", you can also try to record distintive ring patter as below instructions:

To change the answer ring pattern for distinctive ring

1. Verify that the printer is set to answer fax calls automatically.
  2. On the printer control panel display, touch Fax.
  3. Touch Setup, and then touch Preferences.
  4. Touch Distinctive Ring.
  5. When prompted, touch Yes to continue.
  6. Select the ring pattern assigned by your telephone company for fax calls.

If you do not know your assigned ring pattern or it is not in the list, touch Ring Pattern Detection, and then follow the onscreen

instructions.

Note: If you are using a PBX phone system that has different ring patterns for internal and external calls, you must call the fax number from

an external number.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I work for HP
0 Kudos
rts2
4 4 0 1
Message 29 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You have sent out options to reset my 8610 so auto answer my fax calls, can you send that information as well, Thanks

0 Kudos
rts2
4 4 0 1
Message 30 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

resetting my distictive ringing option to accept all calls has not fixed my issue but thanks for the help

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation