Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Officejet 7410 Scanner out of sync

HP Recommended

I recently had to take my scanner bed apart to remove some water that had gotten under the glass. When I put everything back together, the scanner doesnt seen to be able to find its home position. Does the light unit need to be placed on the belt at a certain position? Does the timing wheel on the end of the motor that drives the belt have anything to do with it. I dont think there was any damage from the water, it just acts like it lost its timing.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 576
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately in a situation such as this, if the hardware does not fit together as it sould I would refer you to a service technician as these damages are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

-Spencer 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
317 317 24 38
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello lindetech,

I would suggest removing the scanner glass again and then cleaning the white strip on the underside of it (this should be what the scanner checks against to find its homeposition). Also (gently) clean the scanner lamp and mirrors as they might be dirty or have condensation on them.

If it still won't work after you re-assemble it, then it might be a more serious issue and like AlwaysNeon suggested, taking it to a service technician would be the way to go.

Kind Regards,

Pontus.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation