cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jerrycee
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Officejet 7612 wireless communication has been disabled

HP Recommended
officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello,

I am really stumped.  I have an HP Officejet 7612 that previously worked wirelessly but now doesn't.  I had to swap out the modem (Comcast) for a new one and now nothing I do wil enable wireless printing.  I have tried everthing in the support pages inc. the print and scan doctor - NOTHING WORKS!  Can someone please help?

Thank you.

Jerry

4 REPLIES 4
Drakster
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 306 604
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jerrycee,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  I see that you're experiencing wireless connection issues with the HP Officejet 7612 Printer. I would be happy to help and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution' if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.  If the wireless has been disabled and are unable to turn it on from the printer's front panel menu, we will need to reset the printer to factory settings to correct this. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it. Once you reset the printer, you will be able to reconfigure the wireless on the printer again.  Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Sn0wy83
2 2 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi i have the same problem, First the scanner gave issues Unable to complete scan copy fax error. After a factory reset i cannot get my printer back onto the WiFi everytime i choose wife option it says function is disbaled by admin.

Please can i get the method to hard reset or put in a admin password so i can join the network and configure again via browser.

This is quiet urgent

0 Kudos
Sn0wy83
2 2 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi i mannaged to find a work around, For anyone with the same issue here is how i resolved..

First you put wireless direct on, From printer screen.

Then you connect wireless to that AP it broadcasts something officejet 9 Ect. and put the passcode provided on printer screen under passcode

Once connected in browser point to IP 192.168.223.1 this will land you on the web service settings of printer.

From there you can put the printer back on the correct wireless network and make neccasarry changes

Hope it helps

G

Joelite
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. Worked like a charm!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation