cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Officejet 8500A Premium will not print after the screen goes to sleep.

HP Recommended

After the touchscreen goes to sleep, any print requests just hang, with the screen saying "printing."  I have to turn the printer off and back on to get it to print.  Opening and closing the ink door will also fix it.  I've tried hard reboot by unplugging and reinstalling the printer software.  The problems is definitely in the printer.  Won't print test page requested on the printer when it's having this problem.  Of course I'm 20 days past warranty period so HP won't let me as a question.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
2 2 0 2
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I fixed this issue by doing the following.  It worked for me hopefully it will work for others.

Go to:

Printers and faxes

Properties

printing defaults

advanced

Turn on HP real life technologies

Ok

After I did this I have no issues anymore

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the try, but it didn't work for me.  All other thoughts welcome.

Of course it's shameful that HP won't address this problem which is not at all uncommon.

Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,395 279 525
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pnurge1,

Have you verified that you are on the latest firmware for the printer?

HP Officejet Pro Firmware

It would seem that printer firmware version LRP1FN1126AR has addressed this issue

From release notes:

• Improve the printer responsiveness in Power saving mode
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but that was one of the first things I tried.  Just checked again and my Firmware Revision is RP1FN1126AR as you noted.  In fact that firmware release was around the time I started having the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
4,871 4,858 300 931
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pnurge1

While you have the problem try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor and let me know if it discovers the problem. How is your printer connected to the computer?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello pnurge.  I am having the exact same problem.  Firmware is fine.  All other symptoms are identical.   Were you ever able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 2
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only things that worked was opening and closinge the ink bay door  each time I printed,  The issue reolved itself when I installed HP cartridges rather than the genrics i had.  Safe to say this will be my last HP printer.  Clearly intentional on their part.

Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will give the ink cartridge door trick a try.  I am already using HP ink.    So frustrating.  Thank you for your insight. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation