Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just off line. Blue wireless light on the printer is flashing, I've rebooted the computer and the printer to no avail. Tried to do the set up process on the printer again...nothing.

HP Recommended

If the wireless light on the printer is flashing, then it lost the network connection.  The document linked below should help you get it completely online.  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02790693

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I had that exact same problem with the HP 8600 series. After scouring the internet for solutions and not finding any, I managed to figure out what the problem was by myself. 

HP usually has a hidden service menu that their employees can access to make technical adjustments to certain printers. It is in this menu that one can usually adjust the hardware default sleep setting which causes the printer to "lose" it's wireless signal. Logically speaking it should wake up if the computer in question tries to communicate with it, but for some strange reason it doesn't. 

The problem with the HP 8600 is that the sleep setting has been entirely removed from the menu, and the only alternative is setting the "ECO" setting on the printer, which only gives you 3 measly options; 5,10,15 minutes, none of the ofcourse allow you to turn off the sleep function.

The only workaround that has so far worked 100% of the time is creating a script that runs in the background of your computer. This script "pings" the printer, forcing it to stay awake and never go to sleep.

[Content Removed]

HP Recommended

My HP 8600 Officejet Pro Plus scan function has gome waywire.  It worked well for over a year, but now constantly loses communication with compute.  I have reinstalled the software many times; Run the HP Print & Scan Doctor over and over; unplugged it and restatrted computer, etc, etc.   Sometimes (not all) when I run the Scan Doctor, unplug printer, restart, etc, it will maybe scan a page or two, then stops and says it has lost communication with computer.  I even tried replacing the wireless connection with a USB cable, but got same results and went back to wireless.

I can't think of anything I have done recently that would create this problem other than to change to MS 365 Office (Skydrive); was 2010 & Outlook 2007

I am running Windows 7,64bit, Kaspersky, Comcast Xfinity odem  (with phome service) , belkin dual band ACX1000DB Router with WPA/WPA2.

Can anyone out there help me?  Could it be a hardware problem???

Thank you, layers

HP Recommended

Hi Layers,

I understand when you try to scan, a ' Connection Error ' or ' No Computer Detected ' message displays and the scan fails. Here is a document that could help resolve your issue. Just download and install the firmware update.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-102210-4&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Sometimes the printer in a surge protector or power strip cause issues. Try plugging the power cord into the wall outlet directly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This is most likely the same problem I have had with HP printers for years.  It happens when the printer goes into a power saving sleep state and drops connectivity.  In order to remedy the issue, one needs to walk over to the printer and cycle the power.  It has NOTHING to do with your router or static/dynamic IP allocation.  It is entiely the fault of crappy firmware and software from HP.  The HP "experts" are playing the same old blame-the-other-manufacturer or blame-the-user game that HP has always played.

My current HP printer is the third sub-standard HP product that I have owned...out of three (yes, I know...shame on me twice over).  I owned a top end, expensive laptop that overheats when playing a youtube video and two printers that disconnected when they entered sleep mode.  It will be the last HP product that I ever own...

HP Recommended

My Officejet 8600 keeps losing wireless connection but not while I'm scanning.  It keeps telling me "scan to computer is no longer activated".  I have windows 8 and I've been using this printer on this computer for almost a year with a netgear router with no problems.  I just changed to comcast internet with their router last week and this started happening.  I have to run the HP print and scan doctor to fix it, then I can scan, but I get the message a few minutes later.  I use Norton for my security software.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.