Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I had problems with communications between the printer/scanner and the Sierra operating system. Went to Apple support and uninstalled the HP driver and then reinstalled the HP driver. All communications are now working. However, the scanner is now scanning the documents at a different ratio. The font size is smaller and the scanning chops of the top of the document and scans into the lower plate. It is almost like it zooms out. How do you adjust the ratio or orientation on the scanning plate?

Addendum:

After additional troubleshooting, I unplugged the printer, waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in. The paper alignment problem is now solved. There is no more cutting of the document. However, there is still  "shrinkage" and the document appears about 90% of the original document. Where do I make that ladjustment?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Euclid5678

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that whenever you scan a document, it is a little shrunk. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

May I know which application you are using to scan?

Recommend you review the scan settings, make sure the correct paper size is selected before you scan. 

On the same settings window on your computer, you would see an arrow pointing down, please click on it for advanced scanning options. 

For other scanning solutions, please refer to this HP Article

If you are using image capture application your MAC, please refer to this Apple article for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions, however, I can't find the settings for scanning. I can adjust the size for pictures, but it doesn't work for letter sized documents. I know there must be an adjustment that is out of wack. I checked those two articles and they didn't address my problem.  

FYI, I access the printer through the MAC launchpad and then system preferences if that helps.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Euclid5678

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Follow the below mentioned steps to fix this issue.

Check in the Settings > Preferences > Country and set it up to US - United States

After that, click on scan and select Settings > Paper Size and check paper size which ever you want to scan.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. After continued review, your suggestions about paper size and constant searching, I found that the problem was not with the scanner, it was in the printing of the scanned document. When I reinstalled the driver, the page size on the printer was reduced. Once I changed it to letter size or 100% it worked fine. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Euclid5678

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.