Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-02-2017 12:35 AM
When I use the scan function, the next time I print from an Apple device (iPad) the first page has severe ghosting, but subsequent pages are OK. Subsequent print jobs are fine until I use the scanner again. Only happens with Apple - Windows 7 & 10 are OK. Has anyone else had this problem or know a solution? HP tech support are struggling with it!
05-03-2017 12:18 PM
Hi! @DBW3000, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!
I understand when you scan from your printer the first page from your iPhone it comes faded and the subsequent pages come out fine.
Don't worry I'd love to help you out.
Did you make any changes to your printer?
What happens when you make a copy from your printer?
Have you selected the correct paper settings on your iPhone?
Try updating your iPhone to the latest version and check if it helps.
Also, download and install HP easy scan app on your iPhone.
Refer this article to know more information about using HP easy scan app.
I'll keep an eye out for your response.
I hope you have a great day! 🙂
I am an HP Employee
05-06-2017 07:30 PM
Thanks for your post
No changes have been made to the factory settings.
Both iPhone and iPad are updated to latest iOS.
The fault is not faint printing, the first page comes out with the image/text appearing twice, but out of register so it appears to be fuzzy.
We don't use a printing app from the Apple devices, we use the print commands in the program we're using to access the document (generally Safari or Acrobat). We don't scan to the Apple devices, only to Microsoft.
05-08-2017 09:58 AM
I reviewed the post comprehensively. A commendable effort to try and get the issue resolved. Great persistence displayed also. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 As @A4Apollo is out of office, I am jumping in to assist you.
Did you perform all the step in the article from the previous post?
For a start please try these steps.
- The Ipad is the culprit here and not the printer as it works fine from other devices and computers.
- Please uninstall and reinstall both adobe and acrobat reader and check again if the issue gets fixed.
- If it continues please download and use the HP Easy scan app and check if the issue gets resolved.
- If it continues please download and install the HP All in one Remote app from the Apple store or Itunes and check again if it gets fixed.
- If it continues, then try to use the Apple Image capture app from this link and follow the steps mentioned only under the option "Use Apple Image Capture"
- FInall, if nothing works, please backup all your files on the IPad and reset it to factory settings. Then reinstall the HP printer app.
- This will definitely do the trick for you.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee