Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
trsmith1959 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet K80 Driver Install on Windows 7

I have tried to install the drivers for HP Office Jet K80 all in one printer with Windows 7 operating system using the process recommended by turning on the printer and plugging in the USB cable.  This is not working. 

Printer worked fine with Windows XP on old computer but I cannot get it to work in Windows 7

5 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
770 55 151
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your printer should have a WIndows 7 update driver follow this document to ensure Windows update is enabled.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01874792

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
0 Kudos
MM3780 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Part 8 of Step four of the "Windows 7 Update Failed to Install the Driver" solution is not working for me because Officejet K80 does not show up in the list of HP drivers.  There is also no Hewlett Packard option for drivers.

MM    

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
770 55 151
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MM3780,

When you are in Add Printer are you clicking on the Windows Update button in the lover right hand corner.  Here is what it shows me on my WIndows 7 PC and the Officejet K80 is there.K80.jpg

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
0 Kudos
mummertb Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the K80 for Windows 7 Professional, can scan but cannot print. I followed your instructions and click Windows Update but it stays stuck on the "Windows is updating the list of printers. This may take a few minutes" screen for at least 15 mins. The Windows Update to initially install drivers (3 worked, the printer failed) also took forever.

0 Kudos
AlphaPat1 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also am not able to print but can scan. I have a remote K80 on the network that works fine. There are two different K80xi icons in the printer manager. One is "HP OfficeJet K80xi" and the other is "OfficeJet K80xi" the later says it needs to install the rest of the way but fails when you try to install.

Is there a Registry cleaner to clean this second partial install?

Please help...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation