Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6230
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

As soon as the printer powers on, it nudges the ink carrier back and forth real quick (like it's struggling to move) and then gives me a paper jam error (the resume light flashes and error shows up on my screen). it does the same when i try to print anything (including the status report page).

when i lift the access panel up (with power on), the ink carrier doesnt even move to where ink cartriges can be changed. i try to move it forcefully but it wont budge( if i use more force, somethings going to break ). The ink is kinda new, so i know it still has ink in it.

Steps I've tried:

plugged power in wall outlet

cleaned rollers

THERE IS NO PAPER OR PAPER PIECES BETWEEEN ROLLERS (i checked like 20 times)

reset printer

There is a large black gear interlocked with a medium white gear on left side close to the bottom of the printer. I manually rolled the gear by pushing( rotating ) it north (or forward or toward the back of the printer) for a few seconds and once i did that. the ink carrier was able to move like it's supposed to, and i could acccess the ink. but once the power is back on, the ink carrier goes back in the stuck position and struggles again and gives me the paper jam error.

I really did all the troubleshooting from the documents on hp online on how to fix a stuck ink carrier and removing paper jams, so I'm out of options.

It is plugged in USB 

The main problem is the paper jam error.

i don't know if the stuck ink carrier is causing it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Comp-Tech,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post that your HP Officejet pro 6230 printer is getting a constant paper jam error. I am happy to help! 

Since you have done all the steps already for troubleshooting within this guide, A 'Carriage Jam' Error Message Displays, and this guide, A 'Paper Jam or Tray Problem' Error Message Displays, as well as resetting the printer. The next step is to have the printer serviced/or replaced.

Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Comp-Tech,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post that your HP Officejet pro 6230 printer is getting a constant paper jam error. I am happy to help! 

Since you have done all the steps already for troubleshooting within this guide, A 'Carriage Jam' Error Message Displays, and this guide, A 'Paper Jam or Tray Problem' Error Message Displays, as well as resetting the printer. The next step is to have the printer serviced/or replaced.

Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

6230 has a factory defective sensor. This printer should have been recalled. We ordered twenty of these and 5 had the error. Three of those right after warranty expired. We are looking at EPSON printers. HP does not stand behind these faulty printers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.