cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
simon12
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet Pro 6830 cannot select 1-sided copy

On my new 6830, I cannot change from 2-side to 1-side copy when I open settings in the copy control panel.  The help file says to make a selection but only 2-sided copy is displayed and tapping it ony shows two options for copying, namely, copy both sides to one sheet or to two sheets.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 16
Level 16
32,648 26,023 2,377 8,043
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

On myfficejet 8600 Plus I need to press the left (or right) arrow to select the additional copy options.  You might check to see if additional screens are available with the right or left arrows.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
simon12
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the suggestion, but there are no left/right arrows displayed on the LCD control panel.  (There were pushbuttons for such arrows on my Officejet 6500.)

The copy function seems to default to 1-sided copy, but at times it behaves as a 2-sided copier: if the back of the page being copied is blank, a second (blank) sheet is printed.

I'll try to work it out, somehow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3 Desk10
Level 3
28 27 3 5
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

1. Press Copy at Home Screen.

copy home page.jpg

2. At this screen, touch the box of 2-Sided 1:1

copy setting.jpg 

1. In order to get 1-sided copy, please select 1->1.

copy setting2.jpg

Note:

You can read more info at Help by touching (?), help icon on this screen.

If select 1->2 it means 1-Sided Original 2-Sided Copy. The original is 1-sided, you want a 2-sided copy.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with “Accept as Solution”; if it solves your issue.
****Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up”; at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping

~Desk 10
0 Kudos
simon12
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks.  In my own dimwitted way, I had already figured that out.  Turns out that it was not a technical problem at all but rather a question of ambiguous iconography.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation