cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MJ52
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Officejet Pro 6830 lost connection

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows XP

We have been using this printer for months with no problem.  We use a wireless connection to our network.  A few days ago we started having a problen that print jobs would fail because the printer is not connected.  I don't know why it suddenly failed.  What can I do to fix the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
PrintDoc
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,408 1,425 4,897
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download and run the HP Print & Scan Doctor from here: www.hp.com/go/tools

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MJ52
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did do that and all it told me was that it could not connect to the printer.

I tried the printer's copy function and that failed too.  It looks like this printer has died.  It is less than 1 year old.  I need a printer so I just went and bought another one.  I did not buy another HP.

el51
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm in France. Bought the printer in September 2016, not a year ago. Yesterday, all of a sudden I couldn't print. The message is that I have no printer. Big surprise! So, I have tried to reinstall the printer as if it was a new printer. I get to the part where it opens a web page (https://oss.hpconnected.com/hpc-login/?auth_client_id=993e416569a24097bd7dd6d377b6bfea&auth_redirect...)

except that there's nothing there. This has now happened three times. I'm fed up!

Why did it lose the connection? Why won't it connect properly? I have the IP address, so in theory, there is a connection.

sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,945 27,790 1,519 1,609
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@el51

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer. I understand that it does not maintain wireless connection and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Are you getting any error message while printing?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile:

• Restart the computer, printer, and router.
  • Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  • Print and Evaluate a Wireless Network Test Results page.
  • Assign a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Update the printer firmware.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

SilverB18
Level 2
2 2 0 8
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is BS.  I've been dealing with this problem for years.  HP printers drop their WIFI connection and it cannot be reestablished.  This would be fine for a casual user, but NOT for someone who needs to print for their business.  The excuses HP techs offer are weak to say the least.  Referring people to the Scan Doctor when the printer is offline never works.  What an idiot thing ot suggest.  

I always chastise my clients for using WIFI with HP printers because the connections are so unsure.  This best practice for all printers, when possible, is to connect directly with a USB cable.  

All the other crap I've seen posted abourt losing WIFI connections is just that.  And, I'm tired of it.  HP has got to be losing business and market share.  

I'm very frustrated with HP printers.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation