Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Officejet Pro 6830 will not scan or copy from feeder or glass. prints fine. I have unistalled and installed software twice and tried all the troubleshooting.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@B_Forrest-53

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the HP Officejet Pro 6830 will not scan or copy

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you checked with any related HP Forums post that has a solution to your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Click here to fix Copy Quality Issues.

Keep me posted, 

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers! 

Good Luck. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed all the suggested steps to fix my copy problem and was unsuccessful..  What should I do next.

HP Recommended

@B_Forrest-53

Hi,

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I have read your post comprehensively and understand that the printer is unable to copy and scan. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

If the printer is directly connected to the wall outlet and does not copy or scan then the evidence indicates towards a scanning hardware failure.

I suggest you to observe the scanner bulb inside the printer and check if it glows/illuminates or not. If the bulb does not move while scanning from the glass bed then it is a hardware issue. I suggest you to reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your printer.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your follow up and suggestion.  When I push the black or color command after pushing copy command the bring give a double tone sound as if I am doing something wrong. I am not able to get past that so I would not be able to see the bulb come on.  When I try to fax the read out sticks on "preparing to fax" until I unplug the printer.

HP Recommended

@B_Forrest-53

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm afraid that would also confirm that this is a hardware failure and hence I would request you to Contact HP to get the Printer Repaired/Replaced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 
If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer’s warranty will be free of charge.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.