Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6835 All In One
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

My Officjet Pro 6835 All in One is showing a Printhead Error.  I installed new ink cartridges about 2 weeks ago, and it has printed fine since then.  I have tried troubleshooting.  When I attempt to "Clean Printhead" from the computer, it simply says "The printer is busy."  When I try to clean it from the printer setup menu, it shows that it is cleaning for about a half a second and then goes back to the printer maintenance screen.  On one attempt, it appeared to be working, but after 3 hours, there had been no change or action.  I have reset the printer (unplugging for over 60 seconds -- from the printer and the outlet), turned it off several times, and taken the cartridges out to attempt to clean the printhead.  It does not appear to be removable, so I am stuck.  I am currently running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.  I really need to be able to print several documents asap.  Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @customerHI

I would advise calling HP phone support. The printhead is non replaceable and you'll require for the printer to be replaced. Can you please post back to let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Ciara

Americas & Asia

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288

Europe, Middle East, Africa

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839289

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

Hi @kwb715,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are getting a printhead error with your HP Officejet Pro 6835, and I am happy to look into this issue for you!

I would recommend to go through this guide, 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error M.... If this does not resolve your issue then the printer needs to be serviced. Please call our phone support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best of luck! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi @kwb715

I know this is a while back but just checking you got a replacement printer from HP support?

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Many thanks, Ciara

HP Recommended

I'm not sure if your printer error was resolved. I used this printer for eight months with no issues or paper jams, before receiving this same error message. I was unable to use the system utilities to clean the printer or align the printheads. There was no way to determine which of the 80% full cartridges was the problem, after confirming each was installed ok.

I consulted with HP tech support, and it was determined that I had a hardware failure that could not be resolved with troubleshooting! I did not buy an extended warranty, so I will get this one replaced with a factory reconditioned HP certified printer in 5-7 business days. 

This was a complete bummer. I had assignments due the next day, so this was very bad timing. Completing the warranty registration saved me. I am considering paying for an extended warranty which was offered. I really do like this printer, so we'll see what happens after the replacement arrives.

HP Recommended

Hi @Kimowe

Sorry to hear you've encountered this error. The replacement printer should work fine, but if you do happen to encounter any problems please post back to the Forum and we'd be happy to help.

Thanks

Ciara

HP Recommended

Hi, 

My HP Officejet Pro 6835 has recently started to give an error message: "There is a problem with the printhead". There is no further prompting to troubleshoot this. Please advise, important I resolve this quickly for work.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @customerHI

I would advise calling HP phone support. The printhead is non replaceable and you'll require for the printer to be replaced. Can you please post back to let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Ciara

Americas & Asia

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288

Europe, Middle East, Africa

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839289

HP Recommended
Im saving same problem as original poster. Printer is always busy. Unplugged power supply left unplugged for a while and when reconnected same issue
HP Recommended

I have this same problem. I just purchased this printer a few months ago from SAMS. This is infuriating.

I am remotely located. Is there something i can do to fix this problem?

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue of print head problem on my hp6835 printer. My warranty expired just yesterday. I have just spent $75 on HP ink cartridges to see if that was the problem. I still get the print head problem  message. This seems fishy that my warranty expired on Jan 3,2016 which was just yesterday. why cant I fix this myself? what can HP do for me?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.