cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tonycollinet
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Officejet Pro 7740 - Macos sierra - drivers won't install.

HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 7740
macOS 10.12 Sierra

The drivers I am directed to from the HP website will not install.

First, sierra complains that the install app is damaged and should be moved to trash. If I ignore that, and run it anyway, then when I get to the "click install" button stage AND type in my password, I get the message:

"The software cannot be installed, try again later"

I see lots of people complaining about similar issues for some time - any solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,277 30,991 5,342 12,437
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
First install the latest HP Easy Scan below, it will be installed within the Applications folder:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_...

Next follow HP Easy Start below to get the latest software:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

If that fails, download and install the software below, this is the essential software installed by HP Easy Start for your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-esse...

Once done go to System Preferences > Prionters & Scanners, click the plus sign and select the listed printer, be sure to select the printer model within the Use drop doen menu and press add.

Finally, ensure your drivers are up to date by clicking the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update.
Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Tonycollinet
Author
Level 1
5 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, that worked. Any idea why the software linked on the printer download page doesn't work?

0 Kudos
SBrownJWT
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of that worked.  No updates needed in the App Store.  The FTPs have been disabled and show a 404 Page Not Found error message.  What next?  

0 Kudos
rick-s
Retired
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 386
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage

To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A

2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation