Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 21 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think reinstalling will work.  The OfficMax guy who was helping me agreed with HP support - hardware issue, rather than software, which would be fixable with resetting.  I did remember the sequence of events that led to this:  2 pieces of paper came out with copy (1 blank, 1 printed), so I did a "delete project" to keep it from continuing to grab 2 pieces of paper.  It was *almost* a paper jam - no paper actually got stuck - but from that point on, it registered as paper jam.  Seems like trying to stop it is what led to the malfunction, but who knows.....  I ended up giving it to a place that refurbishes equip. for high schools.  At least they'd have almost full cartridges!  Maybe some parts.  Or maybe they're smart enough to fix it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have solved this problem!!! On MY crappy hp officejet pro 8000 wireless, at least!

I reached inside the top and forced the printer head all the way back to the left until it seemed to click into place, plugged it back in, tried to print and after about 10 minutes of making weird noises, I am now able to print again!

But it is still a very  very crappy printer...and it's our second one...the first one died within the warranty and they sent us this beat up, refurbished one to replace it

It constantly has problems with grabbing the paper...I clean the rollers all the time to keep it working

will never ever purchase HP again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 23 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have an HP 8500 and am having similar problems. I either get a "paper jam" error message or an "add paper" message. Neither of these errors are happening. I get the clicking noises etc. as well. I wasn't sure if this was a software problem or a problem with the mechanics of the printer as it seems to work when I copy something, just not when I print.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same story here.

The printer flags a paper jam which isn't there. It produces weired clicking sounds for minutes on end. It then freezes every printer queue on the network. Jobs are shown as simultaneously printing and aborting, but nothing can be done about them, no abort or delete possible.

The printer was great while it worked. I once had an HP which also quit on me prematurely. This is the second time that I fell for this crap.

Also HP is annoying me through automatic printer driver updates. These then complain that their language is different from my operating system's.

I went through the pain of this logging onto this forum just to warn everyone. This is the last time I bought an HP product if I can at all avoid it.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 25 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Me too.  Despite all efforts, the printer still thinks it is jammed. The paper tray seems like it hasn't reset itself.  It used to be when I put a stack of paper in the drawer, the paper would be stopped.  Now, it's like I could push the whole stack of papers right through the rollers if I wanted to. Then when I push the printer jam button it feeds the paper for a while but stops midway through the process only feeding the paper 1/2 way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 26 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had this problem on-and-off for a while. It seems I might have found a (slightly odd) solution: I was attempting to print directly from Outlook. The e-mails I was trying to print had graphics and html. As my Officejet Pro 8000 was NOT the default printer, it would not allow me to "print attached files" (see printer options) and would give me a false paper jam. As soon as I set the Officejet Pro 8000 as the default printer, I no longer had the problem. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 27 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine was still under warrantee so they sent me a 'refurbished one".  It worked for about 4 days then broke.  It made strange sounds and quit feeding paper all together. I returned that one and now working with a third printer.  I think this model is just a lemon!  So far so good though.  Cross fingers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 28 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8000 printer, there seems to be a error saying that it has a paper jam. When it doesn't, I have checked all the pathways, every opening and it is clear but yet the blinking indicator lights are constantly blinking. Can anyone be of any assistance please.

Thank You.

P.S, I know there is a temporary solution for this, to remove the paper jam manually if their one, then re-allign the printer cartridge all way the to the left seems to be only an immdiate fix. However, this is still an incompitent solution, for when you have one or two papers printing it is fine. But when you have a mass of 10 or more, doing the apposed method is time consuming and a hassle.

If anyone has anyother ideas, anything. Please do not hesitate to contact  me or reply to this.

Once again, Thank You.

@JDL1016 wrote:

I agree that the "drop down gizmo" is what is causing my Pro 8000 to show a paper jam error.  I checked another Pro 8000 in my office and found the carriage stays in the ascended position.  Looking at my printer, I can push the carriage up and it stays but I still get the error message.  Has anyone tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it?  Looking at other HP model posts, that is a possible fix...  I wonder if they have a trojan horse that told my printer to stop functioning at 53 weeks???

~Very frustrating  

@JDL1016 wrote:

I agree that the "drop down gizmo" is what is causing my Pro 8000 to show a paper jam error.  I checked another Pro 8000 in my office and found the carriage stays in the ascended position.  Looking at my printer, I can push the carriage up and it stays but I still get the error message.  Has anyone tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it?  Looking at other HP model posts, that is a possible fix...  I wonder if they have a trojan horse that told my printer to stop functioning at 53 weeks???

~Very frustrating  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 29 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did find a solution to this frustation! I had what I believed was a false paper jam. I looked everywhere I could without taking the thing apart. However, what I did to fix it was take the thing apart. 

TAKE THE DUPLEXER OFF THE BACK OF THE PRINTER! I found my paper jam!

This thing has been a beast for me so far. I duplex all the time and have used this little printer for years. It just keeps working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 30 of 30
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have one that just went **bleep**-up with the false paper jam message. HP no longer has me for a customer! 

The drop down gizmo is the issue. If you are having the paper jam message and no paper is feeding into the printer from the paper tray, look at the two rubber rollers on the end of the drop down gizmo. They are "not" turning. Most likely a hardware malfunction. 

Either the electric motor or the gear drive is toast. This printer is a HP Lemon.

Regards,

Imbroke

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation