cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
metalman1957
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8500 A909g All-in-One series, Printer Won`t print

The printer will not print from my computer running windows 7- 64bit.  I am connected wirelessly through a Lynksys router with both the computer and printer, Howerver; I cannot get the printer to print from the computer. I have tried reinstalling the software from the cd that came with the printer and I also downloaded and installed the most up-to-date software and  drivers from the HP site. Occasionally the printer will print out a job, but only when the computer is shutdown and restarted or sometimes after sitting in queue for a long period of time, but neither of these always work. I`m stumped.....

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Level 2 Jeffrey_F
Level 2
26 26 1 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Metalman,

Are you using an antivirus such as MacAfee or Norton? If so try disabling the firewall and see if the solves the issue. Firewalls can cause issues with printing like this.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided! If you are not sure how to do this, please see the link below.
I am a Printer Tech for HP.
How do I give Kudos or mark a post as Solved?

I am an HP employee

0 Kudos
Level 10
4,377 4,354 444 576
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Run this diagnostic and let me know what it shows: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03286146

Additionally, how far is your printer from the computer? You might need to assign a static IP address to overcome this issue. I will give you those intructions below: 

Once you connect your printer to the network it will be assigned an IP address (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) which you can generally find through printing a status page or by checkign the wireless setting on the screen. 

Once you know the IP address, type that into tha address bar of your web browser to open the embedded web server (EWS). Here select the Network tab,  click on Networking on the left hand side, and click suggest manual IP address. 

Click apply at the end, and you will have a static IP on your printer! 

Additionally, how far away is your printer from the router you are using? 

Let me know and have a great day! 

0 Kudos
FGG
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

missing driver for officejet pro 8500 a909g wireless printer, wont print

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
4,704 5,044 255 602
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi FGG,

I understand you're missing a driver for your Officejet Pro 8500 printer. I'd be happy to help you with this!

If you click here you can download the full software package for your printer, including the drivers. Just click next when the page loads (it should be able to detect your operating system) and then scroll down to where it says Driver - Product Installation Software, and proceed to download the HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver. I recommend saving it to your computer to make things easier as well.

If this was not what you're looking for please let me know more specifically what the issue is.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation