Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 8 (3,483 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500 paper jam message

Hi - can anyone help please.

I have an Officejet Pro 8500 A909g, bought Oct 2009. I cancelled a print job yesterday, and have been getting the "Clear Paper Jam" message ever since. I've followed all the steps in the HP guide - there is no paper jam. From other sites, looks like a common problem with this machine.

Any thoughts re how to fix please?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 8 (3,470 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500 paper jam message

i think if you press x on it goes alway.

Student
Message 3 of 8 (3,320 Views)

Did you ever figure this out, as I am getting the same message and the "x" does not make it go away.

Thanks

Tutor
Message 4 of 8 (3,196 Views)

[ Edited ]

You may want to try out the following link

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01618077

If after following the steps provided and the error still exist, you may want to contact the call center for a replacement.

Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Student
Message 5 of 8 (3,018 Views)

I have the same problem that so many others have with this printer, and it also started right after I cancelled a print job.  HP does not seem willing to talk to anyone who has an expired warranty.  My printer has very little use, this seems to be a defect.  I have tried lubricating the little black gear and fiddling with it, as others have suggested, to no avail.  What a shame, its a nice enough printer except it no longer works and I've spent almost all day messing with it....  No more HPs!

Student
Message 6 of 8 (2,164 Views)

Cancelled a print. Now shows "paper jam". went through troubleshooting. No help. Printed only 600 pages for a $400 printer.(just started 2nd ream of paper). Out of warranty.

Student
Message 7 of 8 (2,050 Views)

I have the same problem with the paper jam message. I did everything that HP said to do on there web site but nothing worked and they do not want to work with you because you are a few months out of warranty. I am disable and have only a small income and I print stuff as a volunteer for my church, but cant now because of hp not wanting to help. I see that others have the same problem as I do. I have always told people to buy Hp as I have always thought it was the best. But unless I can get help I will no longer refer people to them.

Honor Student
Message 8 of 8 (268 Views)

have hp officejet pro 8500 a909g and the document feeder works 1 out of 30 times. the roller will not drop and the paper will not feed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation