Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

On my Officejet Pro 8600, how do I find the IP address on the printer touch screen?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
front panel menu "Display network settings"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
front panel menu "Display network settings"
HP Recommended

The touchscreen initially provides the following IP Address:  http://0.0.1.0

Then after 2 seconds it changes to http://0.0.0.0

What's going on with this?

HP Recommended

Yes, thankyou.  My ultimate goal was to use web scan, and i am now succesfully doing that.  Thanks very much.

HP Recommended

Very incomplete answer from PhD Student.  There is no "DISPLAY NEWWORK SETTINGS" on the display screen of my HP Officejet Pro 8600.  To locate the IP Address of my printer, I must use the following steps:

On Touchscreen, select SETUP

Then select NETWORK

Then select VIEW NETWORK SUMMARY

Then select VIEW WIRELESS

HP Recommended

I went by the rules below, but could not connect.

Says there is a problem connecting.

Could you help me with this? Is there another step?

Using HP Officejet Pro 8600, but my IP address is different. It is 192.168.1.67 (67 instead of 33).

Using a MacBook Pro 10.6.8.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi

After you connect your pritner to wired network or wifi, you can see your ip address from your front panel, or you can also print out the printer status report from the front panel or sw, also have the ip address, can keep it and print it out as your reference.

I am an HP employee.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"
HP Recommended

A couple years ago I talked with HP Tech Support. They changed my printer address to 10.0.0.1 At that time I purchased an extended service contract for the service. I'm in a pickel that HP Tech Support Created. Need to get this fixed by 10/17/2018.

Just purchased a new Netgear Modem WiFi Cable router.Nighthawk AS1900

It will not recognize the printer at the listed address. Netgear wanted to charge a bunch of money to help me out. Just purchased the product 10/16/2018 from Costco and am under a 90 support plan. No support!

Where do I find the correct addres to change back to so the printer will work again.

I'm a novice at this so clearer would be better. Please don't assume I speak computer ease

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.