Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 (N911)

An acquaintence, tried to clear a paper jam. After the jam was cleared, there is a loud hum/buzz coming from inside the printer.  There's an air-blower that blows air into the print head when it is all the way to the right.  What ever it is that blows that air, is what is making the noise.  Air is continuously being blown out of the nozzel.  This is not the run-of-the-mill HP error.  There are no paper remnants anywhere.  Help!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

HP Twitter support said, "It sounds like you have a hardware issue.  Contact HP for support options."

I'm sure that the support options would cost much more than replacing the printer.  That's one of the reasons our landfills are full of plastic, metal and glass!

They should publish a DIY breakdown manual like many computer manufacturers do.  And sell replacement parts.

HP Recommended

@slovacek

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you would like to replace the parts yourself for your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. Actually, most of the printer parts are non-customer replaceable except like the print head (cleaning and replacement) and the paper trays. However, I found a user guide for your HP printer which does provide the information.

Hope this information helps. Please keep me posted in case you have any questions. Good luck! 

HP Recommended

Yes, I've seen the users guide. It is not helpful for the problem that I have. I suppose that you may not have fully read my message or the user guide that you shared with me or else you would have known that the user guide doesn't have any useful info for the replacement of internal parts.  I also understand that HP wants to sell more printers.  I also suspect that the total cost of sending this in and having it repaired by HP would exceed the cost of buying a brand new printer.

But thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

@slovacek

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
​​​​​​​
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.