Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'vegot the same issue. with my HP Chromebox.  Haven't anybody come up with a solution? HP Chromebox is wonderful, so it has to be a solution.

HP Recommended

I cannot get my 8600 to connect to the server though it is connected to the Wi-Fi in the home if I push the icon in the top left of the screen it comes back with an email address, eprint status, eprint& Appps.

However when I go to print something from the "Apps" icon says the printer was unable to connect to the server !! something wrong but I cannot work it out Help

HP Recommended

I have tried virtually every suggestion listed to get this error fixed. I had fixed it in the past but couldn't remember what I did.

Today, I tried most of the suggestions again (even though I know they didn't work for me before) and then tried the simplest thing which worked like a charm for me.

My printer is wired to my home network.   I had a static IP set up as I got tired of the IP changing so "static" is my preference.   What I did today was go to my printer and in the menu change it to "automatic" IP and then let the printer reset after I powered down and restarted the printer.   Interestingly enough it just kept my former "static IP address that I had chosen, but fixed all the errors.  I then went into the printer menu and changed the IP settings back from "automatic" to "static", turned off the printer and then back on again and the connection to the network for updates works like a charm.  No "proxy" errors!!! Yeah!  Hope that maybe this works for someone else.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm trying to follow your instructions here but 'suggest a manual IP address' seems to be greyed out.. any suggestions?

HP Recommended

To me, the issue wasn't the DNS. It worked perfectly with the LAN, automatic setup (wired). When I switched to WiFi, it failed. The only option to get it working again was to manually setup the IP address as shown earlier in this thread. Doing so, you'll have also to setup the DNS.

HP Recommended

@Happytohelp01 Thank you for posting this.. this FINALLY fixed it..  Appears there is a bug in the software, if you do the 'recommended' manual IP HP says.. it switches the DNS into manual mode too, but if you switch IP back to Automatic.. it does not also switch the DNS back to automatic, resulting in needing proxy info screen/message.  That was driving me nuts.  

HP Recommended

What is a proxy address?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.