The HP Community is here for you.
04-06-2013 06:14 PM
The newest firmware update for the Officejet Pro 8600 is not compatible specifically with Microsoft Office 2013. The print menu in Office 2013 for two sided printing is made defunct and will not work. Prior to the HP automatic firmware update, there were no printing issues in Office 2013 at all. Now, you must go into "printer properties" and choose the two side print option and exit printer properties before printing. You must do this again to revert back to single side printing. The "print on both sides" option under "Settings" in the print window is defunct. This is not the case with Office 2010 or any acrobat programs, however. So, if your business relies upon Office 2013 -- DO NOT BUY HP OFFICEJET PRO 8600 and to be safe, you may also want to avoid all the other HP printers as well getting firmware updates. I have confirmed with HP tech Dexter at WA location that HP has no solution in the works, no patch and no apparent interest, but in fact, it is the fault of Microsoft Office 2013. So, according to Dexter, if you want to use HP Officejet Pro 8600 you should blame Microsoft.
04-11-2013 11:28 PM
Thanks for reporting the issue.
I've tried to reproduce the issue with office 2013 word document on same printer with same firmware, and it is working fine over the network.
Could you give us more details like
1. share the document which give the issue
2. Pass us the print dirver details.. settings, version...etc
3. OS and USB/Network details
4. and anything else useful
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
04-23-2013 08:07 PM
would like to clarify with you, you mentioned 'The "print on both sides" option under "Settings" in the print window is defunct.'
may i know
1. is 'The "print on both sides" option under "Settings" refer to clicking on the properties button at the print dialog screen follow by the 'print on both sides' under the 'layout' tab in the printing preference?
2. when you say the 'print onboth sides' is defunct, do you mean after you selected 'print on both sides' to either 'flip on long edge' or 'flip on short edge' but the printout remain as simplex?
Say "Thanks" by clicking the blue Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP .....(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)