cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nicolammorris
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Officejet Pro 8600 scanner not working!

HP Recommended

We have just got a new Officejt Pro 8600 printer in the office and I do a lot of scanning, however, it doesn't always work! I would say it works perhaps 2 times out of 10? It comes up with an error message of 'Scanner lid or Document Feeder open', despite a few pages going through, or me previously successfully managing to scan. Help - it's driving me crazy!!!

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
aneeshnair
Level 6
Level 6
509 509 24 66
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Follow the steps given in the link below... Please follow all the steps and incase if u face the same issue do let us know....

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01728503

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

Regards

Aneesh

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

0 Kudos
nicolammorris
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have actually tried this and none of them make a difference! Whether the printer scans or not is really sporadic - sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, and I have no idea why! If you have any more suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
aneeshnair
Level 6
Level 6
509 509 24 66
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

Firstly check with the hardware functionality and then we can go over the software side if it is not scanning properly...

Please perform the steps given below and then let us know if there is any issues. 

Make sure the unit power cord is connected to direct electrical wall outlet.
First check the hardware functionality,
Load any blank page in the ADF, Make sure to adjust the paper guides and make sure the paper is push in adf tray so that paper pick roller touches the paper.(check if you are getting document loaded message on the front panel) and then preform copy.
Make sure the paper that are placed in ADF and in Input tray are flat in surface and are not curl or damaged media. (Make sure the customer is using the media type as per specification)
Once you prove the hardware functionality,

Regards

Aneesh 

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

0 Kudos
jule1009
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner not working.......displays that feeder door is open.

0 Kudos
jule1009
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanner not scanning.  Displays document feeder open.  Wha should I do next?

0 Kudos
jule1009
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Please rush.....have tons to scan.
0 Kudos
aneeshnair
Level 6
Level 6
509 509 24 66
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry for delayed response... I was not in office for few days.... Please let me know if you get any error message while you try to scan? What happens when  you try to scan?

Regards

Aneesh

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Djpbrand
Level 1
4 4 0 3
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The two metal clips under the document feeder are not holding it down far enough. If you lift the adf you can see them underneath one on the front one on the back. Putting a bit of left pressure (towards the left side of the machine) on both clips bends them slightly this will hold the adf cover down tighter and the machine will now see it as closed.

I have fixed over 30 machines doing this.

omcinto
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This did the trick.  The agony is over.  Thank you Djpbrand!!!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation