Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Other

I updated to macOS Sierra 10.12 and I can not save a scanned document from my desktop. It scans the document ok but the Save button is greyed out. 

I can scan & save directly from the Scanner.

There is not Driver listed on HP website for 10.12 - the latest driver listed is 10.1

Does anyone know how to fix?

I have a MacBook that is still running El Capitan and this works fine as did my Mac until I updated the OS. I also note Sierra is not listed on the OS list for this post.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update on my problem - I have worked out I can Save the scanned document by utilising the Command - Print, function. 

So I guess this will correct itself when HP produce a new Printer Driver for this OS.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Shano56

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I read your post that you cannot save your scans with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra. I am happy to look into this for you! 

At this time, there are no full feature software and drivers for this model for Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra. You can try to use the built in driver that comes through the Apple Software Updates. You can also try the HP Printer Drivers v3.1 for OS X

Another option is rolling back the upgrade, you would need to contact Apple Support for further assistance to see if this can be done. 

Otherwise, all we can do is wait for the software and drivers to be released. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post. 

Hope this information helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Update on my problem - I have worked out I can Save the scanned document by utilising the Command - Print, function. 

So I guess this will correct itself when HP produce a new Printer Driver for this OS.

HP Recommended

The workaround is to select "send" and then "print". On the print page, select Pdf. In the drop down menu, select "open in preview". From preview, Chose File. Don't use save because it will only save the first scanned image and the others will disappear for some strange reason. Select the one image only, go to file and  select "export". Here, you'll be able to name it and chose the location, format and if you save it as a jpeg, the resolution.

It's a long way around for what HP should be fixing.

HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro won't save documents from MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5.

If you save by print-export or save as PDF, the file size is too large to email.

Any solutions?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.