Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

So the printer was recently disconnected from the computer and the network, and now we are trying to reconnect it, but it will not recognize any kind of wireless network. I reset the printer and the router, but that did not change anything. I did a factory reset on the printer but that did not fix it either. When I went to look up the IP address on the printer and printed the network test page it says "IP: Not connected" so I cannot even test if the computer and printer are communicating in any way. I do not have a USB plug to try a wired connection. I tried to manually enter the SSID for the router since there are no options that pop up in the set up wizard, but even after manually entering it and the password, it still will not locate or connect to the router. Other devices are in fact connected to the router, and I confirmed it was on the 2.4 GHz band. I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Restore the printer back to Network Defaults.  From the User guide page 39.

To restore the printer to the original network settings
1. From the printer control panel, touch and slide your finger across the screen, touch Setup, and
then touch Network Setup.
2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes.
A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.
3. Touch OK.
4. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Now run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel.  Page 106 in the User guide again...

1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then
touch Setup.
2. Touch Network Setup.
3. Touch Wireless Settings.
4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Now try.

HP Recommended
I tried this but it did not work. On the configuration page it says network status: offline, active connection type: none, the url is listed as: http://0.0.0.0, internet: not applicable. Then for 802.11 Wireless it lists the mac address, and then Status: disconnected, Communication Mode: infrastructure, SSID: not set. I then tried the wireless setup wizard but nothing showed up in the networks list.
HP Recommended

Please post the Network Config sheet here.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.