Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A white indicator light above the USB port at the lower left front corner of the printer is on. I have never used the USB port and have not noticed the light before. The printer will not turn on.  Unplugging the printer from the wall outlet has not fixed the  problem. The white indicator light comes back on and the printer will not turn on. Printer worked fine a few days ago.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I tried the procedure you suggested before posting my request for help. The procedure did not solve the problem. What happened to HP quality?  Is this slightly over one year old printer useless?

HP Recommended

OK, it appears your printer has failed.   Contact HP if it is still under warranty.

HP Recommended

Bought the printer January 2016. HP will not provide free support, so I guess it out of warranty. Is that a common failure indicator, i.e., is failure indicated by the light above the USB being on and the printer not turning on?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.