cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Officejet Pro 8625 ADF says jammed right out of box

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8625

Just opened our second Officejet Pro 8625, and it is no bueno, right out of the box.  Turned it on, and it goes through the setup process, asks us to insert the cartridges, and then (while doing the printhead alignment) says the ADF is jammed, to remove the original and try again.

Well, there's nothing in the ADF.  I've opened the cover and dug around.  I've lifted the lid and there's nothing there.  In fact, I even manually fed and advanced a sheet of paper through the ADF with no trouble (spinning the exposed gear that seats next to the rear of the flatbed).  

Pulled the plug while turned on to make it go through setup again -- ADF still thinks it's jammed.  

Especially frustrating since this is the second brand new printer in two days that has been DOA (first one the scanner-stop sensor failed and the scan head slammed into the left side of the printer when turned on.  At least the firmware recognized it and told us we wouldn't be able to scan or fax. 😄

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,833 749 1,782
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed that your HP Officejet Pro 8625 ADF is giving you a paper jam message, out of the box. I am happy to look into this issue for you! 

Please try the steps within this guide, An ADF Paper Jam Error Displays, if this does not help, the printer will need to be serviced/or replaced. Please contact HP phone support for further assistance. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this helps! 🙂
RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation