cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
KBoyett
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet Pro 8630 won't Scan to Email after move to new office

Officejet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

We moved offices recently and now we can't get the Scan to Email function to work (it worked great previously).

We are on a wireless network in the office and I can print fine, but no Scan to Email.

I've tried adjusting the settings through the web interface, I've restarted both the router and the printer, I've deleted all the accounts on the web interface and created a new one, but it won't work still.

Help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
2,245 2,120 146 291
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey @KBoyett

Welcome to the HP Support Forum.  I understand that you're unable to reconnect scan to email using your HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer.  I would like to help.  I have some steps you can try that may correct this issue.  

It is optimal that you have a wireless connection.  I do recommend restoring your printer's defaults to make sure all past scan-to-email settings are erased from the printer.  Here's how to do so: 

• From your printer's front panel, touch Setup
  • Touch Tools
  • Touch Restore Factory Defaults 

This will clear out your wireless, webservices, and any other custom printer settings.  

Next, do the following:

• Re-connect to your wireless network (Run the wireless setup wizard under wireless settings)
  • Touch the bottom left icon below Copy to enable webservices
  • If your webservices are enabled you can now setup your scan to email

There are two ways to setup scan to email

Method one: Use the Scan to Email Wizard to set up Scan to Email

Follow these steps to use the Scan to Email Wizard in the HP software to set up the Scan to Email feature.
 NOTE:
During the profile setup process, you might be asked for SMTP server name, SMTP port number, or authentication information. You can contact the email/Internet service provider or system administrator for the information. SMTP server names and port names are typically easy to find by doing an Internet search. For example, use terms like “gmail smtp server name” or “yahoo smtp server name" to search.
  1. Open the HP software.
    • Windows 8
       NOTE:
      If you are not using the latest version of Windows 8, the information in this document might not match. You can get the latest version from the Microsoft Store.
      1. Right-click the Start button () in the lower left corner of the screen, click Search
      2. Type the name of your printer in the Search box.
      3. Click the tile with your printer’s name.
  1. Under the Scan or Scanner Actions heading, click Scan to Email Wizard.
  2. When the outgoing email profile window displays, click New, and then enter the email address you intend to use with this profile.
  3. Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.
  4. Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.
  5. Enter the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
  6. If you typically have to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields.
  7. Click Next, and then click Save and Test or Save to complete the email profile configuration.

Method two: Use the Embedded Web Server to set up Scan to Email

Follow these steps to use the printer's Embedded Web Server to set up the Scan to Email feature.
  1. You will need the printer IP address to open the Embedded Web Server (EWS). If you do not know the printer IP address, print a Network Configuration Page to locate the address.
    • How do I print a Network Configuration Page?
      1. On the control panel, touch the Wireless icon (), and then touch the Settings icon ().
      2. Touch Print Reports, and the touch Network Configuration Page.
         NOTE:
        The printer might print three pages.
  2. Under the IPv4 or IPv6 heading (depending on your network configuration), find the IP Address.
    Figure : Example of an IP Address
    Image: Example of an IP Address
  3. Open a new Web browser window or tab.
  4. In the address bar, type the printer IP address given on the test page, and then press Enter on your keyboard. The EWS opens.
    Figure : Example IP address in browser address line
    Example IP address in browser address line
    • I got a security certificate error. What do I do?
  5. From the EWS, click the Scan tab.
  6. Click Scan to Email Setup.
  7. Click Outgoing Email Profile, click New, and then enter the email address you intend to use with this profile.
  8. Enter a display name that will appear on the printer's control panel to identify this email profile.
  9. Enter or confirm the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
  10. If you typically have to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields, and then click Next.
  11. Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile, if desired.
  12. Set the size for email files and specify Auto CC, if desired.
  13. Click Save or Save and test to complete the profile

Source

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  If you find my suggestions helpful don't be shy to mark this as an accepted solution or say thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon.  :robothappy:

Have a great day!  

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

KBoyett
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Took me forever searching the web to figure out the SMTP settings but it looks like its working now

Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation