Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ncjam Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8660 printing on special paper issues

I just bought the Officejet Pro 8660 all in one printer today and it will not feed any paper through except plain paper.  I have tried both cardstock and photo paper and it will not feed through and then the screen says "Load Paper".  Please Help!!!  I need to print on both cardstock and photopaper today!

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
4704 255 596
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8660 printing on special paper issues

Hi ncjam,

I understand you have an Officejet 8600 that is having issues feeding both card stock and photo paper. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this issue.

I realize this may seem like a strange step, but what I'd like you to do is put a blank piece of paper either on your scanner glass or in your document feeder and ask the printer to make 99 copies of this page. The printer will then feed 99 blank pages through your printer, thus "prepping" the rollers and giving them better grip to pull in the photo paper and the card stock.

However, if the issue persists after this step please let me know which version of the 8600 you are using and I will look into a few other things for you.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! :)

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation