Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet Pro 8710 borderless works great on Windows 7 but does not work on Windows 10 64 bit from my HP laptop. Trying to print 4x6 photo's from the laptop. This worked fine on my HP Photosmart printer but on the new 8710 printer does not work on Windows 10. I followed all the blogs, set all the print settings, downloaded the software and the drivers several times,  I can see the borderless option is set correctly but still prints borders. One thing to note I'm surprised that the quality of the photo is excellent, no complaints moving from Photosmart technology to the office pro technology. Suggestions to fix borderless printing from Windows 10.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Did you check the Printer Features in the Advanced setting in Printing Preferences of the 8710?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Yes I checked all the setting and they are all correct on the HP Windows 10 laptop. Borderlsess is not working on Windows 10. Again, they all work good on Windows 7 HP laptops, and from the USB card, but not from the HP Windows 10 laptop. I downloaded the software and drivers several times, still the borders are printing.

HP Recommended

Can you check the firmware on the 8710, 1644B is the latest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi KDHPUSER, 

May I know how do you download the software (the driver) for your Windows 10 device?

What I observe is that Windows 10 has the capability of installing a basic driver where we do not need to go to HP website to download the driver. However, that is different from a full-feature driver. 

The full-feature driver can be found at http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/drivers

Thank you for using HP support forums.

Best regards,
Nugi

* Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

I downloaded the full feature software and drivers when I started having issues, yes Windows has basic and that was not going to work. The download installed NO issues and still not working.

HP Recommended

The process I followed to obtain the HP drivers was to go to your HP website, I located the full package for windows 10 64 bit, downloaded, and installed. I tried this 3 times but still the same issue, printing borders on my pictures. I've set all the items on the printer for borderless and in the software, still printing borders.

HP Recommended

update on this problem - if I select the application Windows Photo Viewer and print from the application the borderless printing works as expected. If I print using the application name Photos the borders are printing. This seems to be an application issue since one application printers borders but the other does not.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.