cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
WPG2
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Officejet Pro 8730 Duplex printing

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is duplex printing on Officejet Pro 8730 single or double pass printing? If single pass, the printing speed is effectively doubled. Does anyone know the answer??

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,321 89,200 11,438 24,540
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been using many printers for the last 40 years or so, nearly all of them have to turn papers thru duplexers to print the second pages. The 8730 does the same.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

TheDoctor46
Level 2
Level 2
25 25 1 5
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The officejet Pro 8730 Duplex printing technology is more advanced than the conventional inkjet Duplex mechanism. Hence the Duplex printing specs is faster in comparison.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
bibet80
Level 2
Level 2
5 5 1 3
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is still double pass printing but we use advanced technology to make duplex printing significantly faster than the conventional method. 

The specification sheet calls for up to 20ipm for black and 17ipm for color duplex printing with A4 paper.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA6-4036EEP.pdf

Hope this answers your question.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the "Thumbs Up icon".
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my reply solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Suyash90
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello there!

The HP OJP 8730 has a new feature which auto-duplexes at twice the speed, with quality uncompromised. Hope you're enjoying this super fast duplex speed 😉

Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not the company 🙂
Click on the "Thumbs up" button to say "Thanks!"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Michelli007
Level 1
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello:

Glad you like it, it's a new design to improve the speed.

Double paper path inside even only one output.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation