Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-16-2017 11:24 PM
Hi there, I have a OJ Pro K8600 large format printer. I've had it for a long time and the other day it stopped printing indicating the black/yellow printhead was bad. I replaced it , as per the instructions, it printed one test page, then the printhead light started flashing again, and now it won't print anything. in the web services app, it tells me the printhead needs attention.
It printed the one page fine, I did everything as I was supposed to. Can anyone help?
05-17-2017 06:10 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer. I read that the printhead indicated that the black/yellow printhead was bad and therefore you replaced it. The printer then printed a test page and then the printhead light started to blink. Now the printer does not print anything. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Are you using original HP cartridges or refilled cartridges?
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
If the issue still persists then please perform the steps as described in detail from this link based on the light's blinking pattern.
I hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂